IOM Chief Migration Health Officer Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the IOM is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Chief Migration Health Officer position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with IOM.
IOM Chief Migration Health Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 08 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 21 April 2022.
|IOM EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||08 April 2022|
|Closing Date||21 April 2022|
|Position||Chief Migration Health Officer (Health Assessment Programmes)|
IOM Chief Migration Health Officer Jobs 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: three (3) years
- Language: IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with preferred specializations: internal medicine and its subspecialties, paediatrics, anaesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, obstetrics, and gynaecology; and minimum of nine (9) years of relevant professional experience of which at least three (3) years managerial responsibilities; or
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with preferred specializations: internal medicine and its subspecialties, paediatrics, anaesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology plus Master’s Degree in Community or Public Health, Medical Specialization in Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine or other related fields from an accredited academic institution with seven (7) years of relevant professional experience of which at least three (3) years managerial responsibilities.
- Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship) of continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting or at IOM/similar international clinic context;
- Experience in Migration Heath Assessment;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in health programme management;
- Experience in project development, management and report writing;
- Experience in migration health emergency response is an asset; and,
- Experience in establishing partnerships with government institutions, health institutions and other partners.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Organize and supervise the migration health assessment process to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of: • Medical examinations; • Imaging; • Laboratory testing; • Vaccinations; • Tuberculosis (TB) management; • Treatment and referrals; • Pre-departure procedures and medical movements; • Documentation, certification, and information transmission; and, • Other technical areas as may be required.
- Ensure that the infrastructure and equipment of Health Assessment Programmes (HAP) premises meet professional standards of quality and safety and are sufficient and adequate for provision of the services.
- Ensure that human resources and HAP organizational structure are sufficient and adequate for the planned levels of health assessments and that the staff has necessary qualifications and skills. Establish a sufficient network of external human resources, such as consultants and medical escorts, to support health assessment process and travel assistance. In coordination with the Human Resource Unit, ensure that all medical personnel maintain valid licenses to practice.
- Ensure that the regulatory government authorities are informed about IOM’s health activities and that the IOM medical facilities have obtained approval to provide health assessments and related services.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 21 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.iom.int|