Internship Program Job 2023 at Lilongwe by IFC Career. IFC, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Internship Program to join their team.
Internship Program Job 2023 at Lilongwe by IFC
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States. It was established in 1956, as the private-sector arm of the World Bank Group, to advance economic development by investing in for-profit and commercial projects for poverty reduction and promoting development.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Internship Program
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- World Health Organization (IFC)
Last Date to Apply
- 06th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Local Recruitment
- Master’s degree in Finance or Economics.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Identify constraints, including any policy, regulatory, and/or institutional barriers to attracting investment.
- Working with the Country Office Team (Zambia)– follow up with industry teams on the implementation of identified opportunities developed during a recent idea generation workshop and provide additional market analysis required to ensure appropriateness of these opportunities.
- Support Megafarms investment project (Malawi) –working with the local Country Office – Identifying the key investment gaps and key barriers policy/ others) preventing the growth of private sector in the agricultural sector – specifically focusing on supporting market studies around opportunities for large-scale commercial farming in Malawi, detailed analyses of existing operators, and opportunities for scaling up operations
- Identify areas suitable for irrigated farming and commercial and staple crops that can be grown in the areas
- Assess the investment needs required to update and/or install irrigation systems in the identified areas
- Benchmarking current financing options/structures available for such projects from commercial banks in Malawi.
Advertisement Details and Apply Now