Intern Local Development Finance Job 2023 at Kampala by UNDP Career. UNDP, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Intern Local Development Finance to join their team.
Intern Local Development Finance Job 2023 at Kampala by UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Intern Local Development Finance – UNCDF Regional Office
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Last Date to Apply
- 28th February 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Advanced degree in Public health, health policy population, development, and/or other related field.
- At least five years of experience in SRH/FP programming.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health and Local Government (districts) is desirable.
- English and French.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the analysis of business model of Small-Medium Agro-Enterprises in Sub-Saharan countries;
- Support the creation of a database containing qualitative and quantitative results of case studies on Agri-SMEs;
- Contribute to UNCDF activities in the Resilient Local Food Supply Alliance including at the country and Coordination level;
- Contribute to the production of the publication/communication tools “Contribution of agri-food SMEs in the transformation of food system in member states.”;
- Providing analytical support to municipalities and local government on the MSMEs tax administration;
- Support development of concept papers, project proposals, country reports, meeting reports etc…;
- Contribute to UNCDF’s resource mobilization efforts.
- Demonstrated interest in rural/local development issues in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Demonstrated experiences in agriculture, food system finance, local government own source revenue, food security value chains etc…;
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to take initiatives and work independently and in teams;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Advertisement details and Apply Now