Information Systems Librarian Job 2023 at Thika by MKU Career. MKU, is a Private University in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Information Systems Librarian to join their team.
Information Systems Librarian Job 2023 at Thika by MKU
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. MKU is largely known for its dynamic, comprehensive and thorough academic and vocational training system as well as linkages with internationally reputable institutions. The University operates from the main campus in Thika with campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret and Meru, as well as Open Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL) centres located in major towns in Kenya, Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Information Systems Librarian
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Mount Kenya University (MKU)
Last Date to Apply
- 06th March 2023
- Thika, Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science (preferably ICT) from a recognized /accredited university or relevant field. Or;
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (preferably ICT) from a recognized /accredited university or relevant field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as Librarian or its equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, library-wide training on use of automated systems, creating in-house documentation as needed.
- Monitor all system functions and be responsible for proper operation.
- To appropriately execute any other duties as directed by the University Librarian or the Deputy University Librarian
- Manage the daily operation of the library’s automated systems and workstations, remaining on call at all times.
- Design, implement, and integrate daily operations of the library’s automation and communication systems, including the innovative interfaces system, LANs, web server, internet access, telecommunications, and related evolving systems in consultation with the Deputy Director, Management Information System.
- Design and maintain the library website as a marketing tool for library operations and services.
Apply For This Job Now