ILRI Research Officer II – Market Intelligence Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the ILRI is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Research Officer II – Market Intelligence position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ILRI.
ILRI Research Officer II – Market Intelligence Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 01, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 13, 2022.
|ILRI EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 01, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 13, 2022|
|Position||Research Officer II – Market Intelligence|
ILRI Research Officer II – Market Intelligence Jobs 2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Master’s in social sciences.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Master’s in social sciences, preferred disciplines include agricultural and resource economics, sociology, environmental geography, development studies, or any other discipline that provides suitable advanced knowledge
- At least five years progressive experience in agri-food systems research using mixed methods
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment and team
- Excellent analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Experience in identifying, setting up and maintaining multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Experience working in developing countries in Africa and Asia
- Support in identifying stakeholders’ current and future drivers of demand for crops, seeds and traits, and variation of demand according to gender, age and social groups, farmer types, agro-industry production requirements as well as consumer preferences
- Contribute in describing prioritized product market segments through reviewing and synthesizing sets of maps, articles and reports that describe prioritized market segments, to enable market intelligence for design of gender-intentional product profiles
- Support in characterizing varietal demand to enable market intelligence for design of seed system strategies. This will be through reviewing regional and crop specific bulletins, reports and articles on demand and supply for seed, among other methodologies
- Contribute to collaborative engagement on methods and tool design to ensure comparability of results across crops and regions, not only in Africa but also globally
- Contribute to the strengthening the technical capacity of One CGIAR and its partners to use advanced tools and methods that convert global and regional challenges into regional impact opportunities for GI
- Support in initiating institutional change process by building regional, transdisciplinary CGIAR-NARES-SME teams
- Organize regular meetings with partners and stakeholders to discuss, streamline and implement activities
- Support in the development and communication of guidelines to internal and external stakeholders to bolster a collaborative implementation of AGGRi PO2 and MIPPI activities
- Identify resource persons and ensure the logistics are appropriate for defined purposes and engagement tasks
- Support in the verification of suggested methodologies and activities as well as draft training materials using both primary and secondary data sources
- Establish and maintain strong communication with both AGGRi PO2 and MIPPI’s partners
- Implement activities geared towards common framework by the identification and description of product market segments, gender disaggregated assessment of needs and preferences for traits as well as prioritization of product market segments across regions and crops for scalability
- Provide inputs into activities geared to inform prioritization via foresight market intelligence analyses
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.ilri.org/jobs?jid=43910-research-officer-ii-market-intelligence to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.ilri.org|