ILRI Research Officer II Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the ILRI is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Research Officer II position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ILRI.
ILRI Research Officer II Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 29 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 11 April 2022.
ILRI EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||29 March 2022|
|Closing Date||11 April 2022|
|Position||Research Officer II|
ILRI Research Officer II Jobs 2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Masters’ degree.
- Experience: Minimum of five years
- Language: Strong communication, writing and presentation skills in English and knowledge of local languages;
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: Birr 41,571 per month (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate).
Other Requirements / Information:
- Masters’ degree in in Food security, Sustainable Agriculture, Rural development, Climate Change, Developmental Economics, Information management, or a related field with professional certification
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in the field of agriculture, climate, food security, sustainable agriculture, or related fields.
- Practical experience in climate, agricultural risk management, decision support tool for resilience and risk reduction, food security analysis, early warning and analysis;
- Knowledge and experience with use of agricultural risk management tools for development, policy, and research;
- Proven experience in analytical and problem solving, digital technology, database management and manipulation;
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian agriculture and livestock industries with good research experience;
- Thorough knowledge of SPSS, word processing, spreadsheet, and data management including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access;
- Good understanding of Ethiopia’s agro-advisory systems, farming systems, markets, value chains, and agriculture;
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills in English and knowledge of local languages;
- Applies cutting-edge data science skills to enable integration and processing of large datasets from multiple sources at various scales (global, regional, country, zones, farms, crop value chain, socio-economic, etc.);
- Coordinates and conducts rigorous weather, climate service, and climate risk assessment alongside agricultural risk management in Ethiopia with a technical guidance from the team;
- Co-leads the designing of the road-map investment blueprints for weather and climate services that will lay the groundwork for future scaling, adoption, and mainstreaming of improvements to meso- and macro-scale agricultural risk management;
- Develops and/or refines existing scripts and tools for climate data analytics that can be used by scientists to curate, analyses and visualizes their data;
- Develops and/or adapts ICT-based tools for Clim-ARM data collection including socio-economic data;
- Synthesizes and reviews technical reports for the various project;
- Liaises with national partners, and stakeholders, and work closely with team members to execute the climate and agricultural risk assessment, and comprehensive inventory of all known ARM tools, best practices, drivers, and barriers to adoption in Ethiopia;
- Develops research questions and survey instruments for continuous monitoring and assessing the climate service and tools in agri-advisory;
- Conducts statistical analysis of data collected in the field books and enters an appropriate database, to contribute data management for the project and draft technical reports and scientific publications;
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.ilri.org/jobs?jid=43868-research-officer-ii….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 11 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.ilri.org|