ILRI Research Management Coordinator Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the ILRI is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Research Management Coordinator position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ILRI.
ILRI Research Management Coordinator Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 14 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 27 April 2022.
ILRI EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||14 April 2022|
|Closing Date||27 April 2022|
|Position||Research Management Coordinator – Spatial Analyst|
ILRI Research Management Coordinator Jobs 2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: PhD or MSc Degree.
- Experience: 3 years
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- PhD or MSc Degree in environmental science, data science, system research, GIS or related field with substantive coursework in geospatial analysis and modeling.
- In depth knowledge in a technical and specialized field of study.
- Understanding of theoretical concepts/principles and their context.
- PhD with 3 years’ experience or Masters degree with 10 years’ experience.
- Experience with adapting agricultural practices to local biophysical and socio-economic conditions.
- Understand farm/plot and landscape level processes, their interactions, feedbacks and emergent behavior to customize complementary technologies.
- Significant expertise in planning and executing ISFM agronomic and CSA practices at farm and landscape scales.
- Considerable practical agricultural experience, including experience on facilitating input evaluation, on-farm experimentation and working with farmers.
- Significant expertise on data analytics and modelling to execute the above and other activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates project activities associated with Sustaining Soil Health Initiatives (SSHI, GIZ/Gates), Excellence in Agronomy (EiA, CGIAR Initiative), Accelerating Impacts of CGIAR Climate Research in Africa (AICCRA), Sustainable Intensification of mixed highland systems (SI MHS, CGIAR Initiative) and other similar national efforts to co-identify entry points, co-define synergies, promote complementarities to generate products that are more than the sum of the parts;
- Works with multi-disciplinary team of landscape ecologists, climatologists, soil scientists, agronomists, hydrologists, gender specialists, social-scientists, market experts and others to support development and piloting of integrated decision support tools that can enhance date-drive and science-based decision making;
- Develops automated toolkit and workflows to improve and map existing data standards (dictionaries, ontologies, etc.) and enable standardized (FAIR) soils/agronomy and CSA data collection and assure quality;
- Provides scientific leadership in analysing and synthesizing soils/agronomy and CSA best-bet technologies, tools, and approaches in Ethiopia and beyond;
- Develop/refine existing scripts and tools for statistical analysis that can be used to augment, curate, aggregate and analyze climate, hydrologic and agronomic data;
- Supports modelling (crop, soil carbon, climate, hydrology, agronomy) activities by assuring that data is standardized to required specifications;
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.ilri.org/jobs?jid=44150-research-management….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 27 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.ilri.org|