ILRI Research Associate III – Plant Disease Management Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the ILRI is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Research Associate III – Plant Disease Management position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ILRI.
ILRI Research Associate III – Plant Disease Management Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 01, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 13, 2022.
|ILRI EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 01, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 13, 2022|
|Position||Research Associate III – Plant Disease Management|
ILRI Research Associate III – Plant Disease Management Jobs 2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor in Agricultural Science.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor in Agricultural Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in plant pathology, preferable skills in rice
- Bacterial blight and its risks and management, including host plant resistance, and extension to farmers on disease management, basic understanding of molecular tools used in breeding
- Familiar with research methodologies in plant pathology related extension
- Proven technical proficiency in conducting research experiments preferably in the field
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic understanding of genomic tools including MAB, genomic selection, and gene editing
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Help in generating data for distribution maps of plant diseases and responses of varieties being used by farmers in selected countries.
- Help develop and deploy extension material, tools and models to highlight the importance of prevailing rice diseases and their management
- Help increase awareness about plant diseases and its management options available at the moment through interaction with scientist, private sector and high-level officials, to pave the way for any policy adjustments or licensing
- Coordinate with collaborators on their research activities as required
- Plan the support/manpower needed and set up work schedule
- Prepare the material and equipment needed based on research outline provided
- Assist in applying methods/techniques that guarantee the success of the experiments
- Oversee the work of research technician and/or contract workers to ensure that research activities are implemented according to plan and specific standards
- Coordinate with collaborating OUs the timely supply of material needed
- Contribute to the preservation of research areas and direct the maintenance of technical equipment (repair and replacement)
- Collect and process data to its required form
- Identify inconsistencies in the data collection and/or missing information
- Carry out graphical and basic statistical data analysis
- Update database for storage and retrieval of information/data
- Provide appropriate data and information about experiment(s)
- Contribute to manuscripts/write —ups for annual reports and publications in referred journals as well as presentation/posters for national and international conference
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://www.ilri.org/jobs?jid=43911-research-associate-iii-plant-disease-management to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 13, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.ilri.org|