ILRI PHD Graduate Fellowship Antimicrobial Drug Quality and Supply Chains Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the ILRI is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the PHD Graduate Fellowship Antimicrobial Drug Quality and Supply Chains position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ILRI.
ILRI PHD Graduate Fellowship Antimicrobial Drug Quality and Supply Chains Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 22, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 05, 2022.
|ILRI EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 05, 2022|
|Position||PHD Graduate Fellowship Antimicrobial Drug Quality and Supply Chains|
ILRI PHD Graduate Fellowship Antimicrobial Drug Quality and Supply Chains Jobs 2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: MSc in Agricultural Economics, Veterinary Science, Animal Science, or Veterinary Public Health.
- Experience: Previous research experience in intervention trials, economic evaluation and qualitative research methodologies is desirable.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- MSc in Agricultural Economics, Veterinary Science, Animal Science, or Veterinary Public Health.
- An understanding of pharmacology, antimicrobial resistance, veterinary systems is advantageous.
- Previous research experience in intervention trials, economic evaluation and qualitative research methodologies is desirable.
- Experience in handling diverse datasets, data processing and statistical software such as R, Stata, SPSS, Matlab or Python.
- Ability to jointly work in a multi-national, multi-disciplinary team of scientists and technicians.
- Ability to supervise and guide research assistants and junior graduate students e.g., Bachelor or Masters level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Based in Kenya full-time throughout the PhD programme with short research stays at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Conduct a literature review on antimicrobial drug quality in LMICs.
- Map the policy landscape around importation, labelling, distribution, and sale of veterinary antimicrobials in two priority LMICs.
- Design a field and laboratory study to analyse the quality of selected antimicrobials sold for veterinary use.
- Conduct a survey on the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of key stakeholders in the antimicrobial supply chain e.g., government officials, agrovet dealers, farmers, etc.
- Investigate if changes to antibiotic labelling influences customer purchasing habits.
- Write scientific papers and conference presentations on the results from the PhD studies
- Communicate findings to relevant stakeholders (government, extension officers, farmers, etc.)
- Provide supervision and guidance to field support staff and research assistants.
How to Apply?
All applications MUST include the following (applications not containing these documents will not be considered):
- A cover letter addressed to the Head of Capacity Development, ILRI expressing their interest in the fellowship position and what they can bring to the fellowship. The position title and reference number REF: GF/ILRI/AHH-AMR HUB/01/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- CV including names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
- Copies of academic qualification certificates/transcripts.
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab “APPLY NOW” on or before 5 May 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.ilri.org|