ICT Officer Job at Limbe by MUST Career. MUST, is a Public University operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified ICT Officer to join their team.
ICT Officer Job at Limbe by MUST
The Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST) was established by an Act of Parliament Number 31 of 2012 with the aim of promoting the development, adaptation, transfer and application of science, technology and innovation for macro- and micro-economic development of Malawi. Its vision is “a world class centre of science and technology education, research and entrepreneurship” which is being realised through the provision of a conducive environment for quality education, training, research, and entrepreneurship, and outreach activities.
Vacancy Post Name:
- ICT Officer (System Developer)
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST)
Last Date to Apply
- 28th February 2023
- Limbe, Malawi
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Systems and Security or any ICT-related field. ICT-related professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a System Developer or in similar roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Among others, the System Developer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders and a team of other developers to design, implement, support and improve software programs and systems.
- Engaging with users and other stakeholders to gather and analyse user requirements and effectively engage clients to produce robust proposed solutions.
- Producing clean, efficient code and associated technical and user documentation based on specifications.
- Writing documentation and operating manuals.
- Supporting the existing systems/applications on technical issues.
- Participating in relevant ICT-related projects as required by the ICT manager.
- Knowledge in database design and usage using various Database Management Systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite.
- Knowledge of development frameworks including Laravel, Spring Boot, and Django.
- Proficiency in system development technologies like ReactJS and NodeJS, and version control technologies like Git.
- Track record and an understanding of concepts of computer security technologies.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms, especially Linux/Unix.
- Sharp analytical and critical thinking skills.
- High levels of integrity, motivation, a desire for continuous learning and the ability to work in a team with diverse views.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and attributes should send their applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae no later than 28th February, 2023. The curriculum vitae must include the following: the candidate’s name in full; date of birth; academic qualifications; work experience; and names and e-mail addresses of three traceable referees. Applicants for the post of ICT Officer (System Developer) must also include a 2-page summary of the IT systems they have developed.
Applications must be sent to:
Malawi University of Science and Technology
P O Box 5196
- Applications can also be sent electronically to a relevant email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Only signed electronic applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.