ICARDA Senior Scientist Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the ICARDA is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Senior Scientist position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ICARDA.
ICARDA Senior Scientist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 17 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 07 April 2022.
ICARDA EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||International Center for Agriculture Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||17 March 2022|
|Closing Date||07 April 2022|
|Position||Senior Scientist – Small Ruminant Genomics|
ICARDA Senior Scientist Jobs 2022
The International Center for Agriculture Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Doctoral degree.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Doctoral degree in animal genetics/genomics and breeding or related disciplines,
- A minimum of 8 years of post-PhD research experience preferably within an international working environment in international organizations, in sub-Saharan Africa and in geographic regions spanning the global drylands,
- Strong expertise in advanced experimental molecular and population genetics, including the capture and use of complex phenotypic and molecular data relevant to production and adaptation traits,
- Familiarity with bioinformatics and computational platforms/pipelines in the use and analysis of high throughput sequence and microarray datasets,
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, time management and reporting skills,
- Experience in a supervisory role and willingness to contribute to graduate student supervision and show evidence of leadership in development of research projects, and career mentoring and management of a team of professional staff,
- Proven record of international quality peer-reviewed scientific publications, with a focus on small and large ruminant genomics research portfolio,
- Demonstrable oral and written presentation and communication skills with fluent written and spoken English,
- Demonstrable success in resource mobilization for applied, basic and multidisciplinary research,
- Demonstrable excellent interpersonal, interactive and communication skills, experience interacting with a variety of stakeholders, and demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers in the field and across disciplines (applied and basic sciences),
- Willingness to travel frequently, often to rural and remote areas in developing countries and in geographic regions across the drylands.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of ICARDA’s small ruminant genomics research utilizing advanced genomics technologies,
- Design genomics research which supports breeding programs for smallholder farmers and pastoralists considering adaptive traits to harsh environments,
- Generate scientific knowledge to advance the improvement of small ruminant genetic resources through integrating genomic marker data, DNA and RNA sequence data and phenomics to prioritize variants for sequence-level genomic selective breeding improvement,
- Supervise, lead, and mentor research associates, visiting scientists and graduate fellows related to small ruminant genomics research,
- Support capacity development of national partners in genomics,
- Lead and co-author high impact papers in peer-reviewed journals and support broader dissemination of research findings through other media avenues,
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://apply.workable.com/icarda….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 07 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.icarda.org|