Head of Supply Chain Management Job 2023 at Nairobi by KCA University Career. KCA University, is a private non-profit institution in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Head of Supply Chain Management to join their team.
Head of Supply Chain Management Job 2023 at Nairobi by KCA University
KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya. The institution also maintains satellite colleges under the School of Professional Programmes in Nairobi CBD Githunguri, Kericho, Eldoret, Kisumu, Amagoro, and Kitengela.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Head of Supply Chain Management
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- KCA University (KCAU)
Last Date to Apply
- 27th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Master’s degree in the field of supply chain management, procurement or a related field from an accredited/recognized University
- Master’s degree in any field AND Certified Procurement and Supply Professional Part IV (CPSP-K) or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be in a supervisory position OR Three 3 years’ work experience as a Senior Supply Chain Management Officer in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and mitigate the Supply Chain strategic and operational risks by ensuring appropriate internal controls are put in place in the University.
- Coordinate the preparation, publishing and distribution of procurement and disposal opportunities.
- Coordinate and participate in the adoption of e-procurement strategies in the University’s supply chain processes.
- Coordinate approval of all requisitions in the system by ensuring the items requested are captured in the University approved annual procurement and asset disposal plan.
- Ensure that procurement procedures, regulations and all applicable laws are properly implemented
- Advise the University Management on policy and regulatory matters relating to the procurement and management of supplies
- Prepare and issue procedural manuals, procurement procedures and manage University’s goods, works and services.
- Consolidate procurement plans and liaise with the Departments to ensure the requests have clear specifications.
- Prepare and implement the Departmental work plans and evaluate their performance to achieve its targets.
- Provide professional advice and respond to all procurement-related matters to maintain positive relationships with suppliers and service providers.
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to build capacity of procurement committees/teams in university procurement regulations
- Ability to prepare tender templates for supply of services and goods
- Familiarity with contract laws
- Prior experience guiding a unit / other doing similar work.
- Accounting background will be an added advantage
- Ability to supervise a team and deliver well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to email@example.com by 27th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The subject of your email should read: HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Head of Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,
View More Jobs:
|Head of Finance|
|WVI||Regional Program Director|