Head of Programming Job 2023 at Lilongwe by CRS Career. CRS, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Head of Programming to join their team.
Head of Programming Job 2023 at Lilongwe by CRS
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Since then, we have expanded in size to reach more than 130 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents. For over 75 years, our mission has been to assist impoverished and disadvantaged people overseas, working in the spirit of Catholic social teaching to promote the sacredness of human life and the dignity of the human person. Although our mission is rooted in the Catholic faith, our operations serve people based solely on need, regardless of their race, religion or ethnicity.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Head of Programming I – Malawi
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Last Date to Apply
- 24th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
- Minimum of 05 years of relevant field-based program management, at least 03 years of middle/senior management experience.
- Experience in the development of successful proposals, reports, strategic alliances, project design, project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in partner capacity strengthening, staff development, training, and mentoring, as well as in team building and strategic planning initiatives. Experience working with Church partners a plus.
- Experience in community development, community mobilization, or similar grassroots, self-help initiatives.
- Fluency in English Language is Required.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Country Representative (CR) provide strategic direction for the design of the CP strategic frameworks and plans, including the development of resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with CP operations leads to ensure appropriate project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Lead high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities across various projects from different sectors to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment for direct reports. Contribute to developing staffing plans for projects and to the recruitment process of senior project staff.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management overseeing implementation of the MEAL policy, as well as cross-sectoral and cross-department learning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Team leadership abilities.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs
|Plan International||Project Finance Account Manager|
|Abt Associates||Entomology Manager|
|First Capital Bank||Group Compliance Analyst|