Head of Compliance Job 2023 at Kampala by I&M Bank Career. I&M Bank, is a commercial Bank in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Head of Compliance to join their team.
Head of Compliance Job 2023 at Kampala by I&M Bank
I&M Bank Uganda, formerly Orient Bank, whose complete name is I&M Bank (Uganda) Limited, is a commercial bank in Uganda which is licensed by the Bank of Uganda (BOU), the central bank and national banking regulator. The bank’s headquarters and main branch are located at Plot 6/6A Kampala Road, in the central business district of Kampala, Uganda’s capital and largest city. The bank is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, with emphasis on providing banking services to non-government organisations and their staffs. As of December 2019, the bank’s total assets were valued at USh 814.3 billion (US$221.58 million), with shareholders’ equity of USh 114.1 billion (approximately US$31.05 million).
Vacancy Post Name:
- Head of Compliance
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- I&M Bank
Last Date to Apply
- 22nd March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Executive Director
- A professional qualification (ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA, etc.) and/ Masters added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree (Laws/Commerce/Statistics/Economics, etc.).
- At least 7 years’ experience at Senior management level in a large reputable financial institution or related field.
- Conduct follow-up on the resolution of all identified compliance findings in Bank of Uganda examination reports, internal and external audit reports and oversee the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
- Monitor the enforcement and implementation of corrective measures noted in Compliance and Audit reports as per the Policies and Procedures, laws, rules and Standards.
- Develop the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization’s unique characteristics.
- Develop and implement systems, mechanisms and procedures to ensure that Bank staff immediately report suspicious money laundering or terrorism financing activity.
- Clearly define and articulate the compliance obligations for each functional area and department of the Bank with clear allocation of compliance responsibility.
- Strengthen compliance and AML risk Identification and assessment.
- Support management remediation plans for all incidence of non-compliance with policy/procedure and follow up implementation on a timely basis and escalating to the Board as necessary.
- Make practical and acceptable recommendations where systems and procedures are in need of enhancement to counter the risk of financial crime.
- Maintain the correspondent and counterparty Bank Register with regard to AML/CFT & KYC requirements.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Ugandan legislation affecting different Banking processes.
- Can analyse the impact of a new legislation/regulation on operations of the Bank and can translate these regulations/legislations into policies for the organization.
- Knowledge of KYC and Anti-money laundering regulatory requirements
- Able to personally deal with complex compliance issues.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Rollout Support Staff|
|Project Finance Officer|