Head ICT Job 2023 at Kampala by JCRC Career. JCRC, is a medical research institution in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Head ICT to join their team.
Head ICT Job 2023 at Kampala by JCRC
The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an autonomous organization that was established in 1991 as a limited liability not-for-profit joint venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere College of Health Sciences). The Centre was established to respond to the HIV/AIDS challenge which was at the peak by that time. At its inception, the centre was supported by a grant from the Ugandan Government that was used to renovate the initial building that housed the JCRC offices at Bulange, Mengo and provided the basic equipment to start work.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Head ICT
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 10th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Director Finance and Administration
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems or a related field.
- Master’s degree in computer Science, or similar academic training.
- Minimum of -8 years of general experience with at least 5 years at management level in an ICT service delivery environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with external ICT vendors and service providers.
- Making sure written documentation is created and maintained. This includes user and system manuals, license agreements, and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Oversee all ICT operations within JCRC including setting short-term and long-term ICT implementation goals.
- Manage the implementation, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading, migration, replacement, integration and support of JCRC’s ICT Hardware and Software in line with JCRC’s objectives. This includes but is not limited to operating systems, servers, PCs, software apps, telephones, and peripherals.
- Protect JCRC’s enterprise information, data, systems, networks, and applications from both internal and external threats.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating disparate information systems using industry standard methods, tools and technologies.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
All applications should be addressed to The Manager Human Resource & Development Joint Clinical Research Centre via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are STRICTLY advised to apply with a cover letter and CV combined in one PDF document not exceeding six pages quoting the position you have applied for in the email subject line. Anyone who doesn’t follow the application procedure will automatically be disqualified.
Deadline: Friday 10th March, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.