Grievance Coordinator Job 2023 at Kampala by Q-Sourcing Servtec Career. Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a leading human capital management firm operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Grievance Coordinator to join their team.
Grievance Coordinator Job 2023 at Kampala by Q-Sourcing Servtec
Q-Sourcing Servtec Group is East Africa’s leading human capital management firm for growth-minded organizations. We offer timely support that enables businesses to transform in a fast-changing world of work by sourcing, assessing, developing, and managing the people, systems & technology that enable them to unlock their highest potential.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Grievance Coordinator
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Q-Sourcing Servtec
Last Date to Apply
- 08th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Social Affairs Manager
- Social Performance
- Degree in law and a Diploma in Legal Practice.
- At least 5 years’ experience in legal practice, or grievance resolution, or mediation, or arbitration.
The main responsibility of the job holder’s:
- Monitor any resolutions to grievances to ensure they are implemented.
- Coordinate management of grievances by contractors in line with TEPU commitments, and ensure timely escalation where resolution in the appropriate time in not possible.
- Manage and improve the performance of Community Grievance Mechanism.
- Provide quality assurance on all records and documents related to grievances while ensuring that these are archived in the Company database.
- Utilize data and information from the grievance mechanism to develop lessons learned that are communicated to operations staff and communities as appropriate.
- Lead communication of the grievance handling / management system to build knowledge, competence, and confidence in the system; and enable effective use of the system by the Company, its contractors and other stakeholders.
- Develop information materials about the grievance handling system.
- Work with staff tasked with community engagement to understand community issues before, during, and after community engagement events.
- Ability to work in a team, take initiative, highly organised and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Strong communication skills, strong report writing and analytical skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel, ppt)/ Good report writing and analytical skills.