GHS Coordinator Job 2023 at Nairobi by IRC Career. IRC, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified GHS Coordinator to join their team.
GHS Coordinator Job 2023 at Nairobi by IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in about 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. It focuses mainly on health, education, economic wellbeing, power, and safety.
Vacancy Post Name:
- CG-GHS Coordinator
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One) Post
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Last Date to Apply
- 24th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- A Degree in Veterinary medicine with an advanced degree in public health/ animal health/ epidemiology and with experience in working hard to reach and hardship areas like northern Kenya.
- At least 5 years addressing animal and human health threats with at least 3 years in a managerial or leadership position (with practical experience in preparedness and response planning and systems).
The GHS Coordinator will be Responsible for:
- Participate in developing/ reviewing the project log frame/ performance frameworks for evidence-based program decision and USAID reporting and detailed M&E implementation plans for the Core Group Partners project in Kenya.
- Conduct quarterly and ad hoc field monitoring visits for all implementing partners to verify data and program activities and make recommendations.
- Coordinate and facilitate all evidence gathering activities including program evaluations, research activities, and case studies/success stories.
- Track performance on established input, activity, output, effect, and impact indicators to measure achievement and track progress towards intermediate results and overall program strategic objectives.
- Oversee and facilitate the planning, implementation, and reporting of CGPP project activities in Kenya.
- Under the guidance of the CGPP Secretariat Director, provide on-site technical and organizational development support to the NGO implementing agencies/County One Health mechanisms to strengthen multi-sectoral and multidisciplinary collaboration on community-based zoonotic disease outbreaks.
- Work closely with the CGPP technical lead, USAID Kenya GHS advisor and Secretariat team to help develop, review, implement, and monitor technical approaches and strategies for strengthening the response to community-based zoonotic diseases surveillance and response as related the GHS deliverables, reporting, knowledge management, and learning.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Assistant – Licensing and Approvals|
|Capital Markets Authority (CMA)||Financial Analyst|