Gender and Inclusion Network Coordinator Job 2023 at Lilongwe by Plan International Career. Plan International, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Gender and Inclusion Network Coordinator to join their team.
Gender and Inclusion Network Coordinator Job 2023 at Lilongwe by Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Gender and Inclusion Network Coordinator
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Plan International
Last Date to Apply
- 05th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Education at degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as gender studies or social studies or other relevant courses.
- Experience in managing technical networks and remote development support
- Proven experience working on children’s rights and gender equality and inclusion within an NGO, UN agency, government department or other relevant institutions, preferable direct experiences from working in countries where Plan implements programs.
- Periodically identify the priority needs of network members, and work with other members of the Gender & Inclusion Hub to identify how these can be served. Help manage the supply and demand for temporary technical support or technical inquiries within the network.
- Maintain membership lists for the GIG network governance groups (Steering Committee, Core Group and Wider Group), GIG sister networks and overviews of the network’s representation or memberships in external networks, coalitions/initiatives
- Maintain and update an overview and contact details of Plan International’s Gender & Inclusion technical experts
- Lead of the development and monitoring of the GIG network annual action plans and budgets.
- Support the Gender & Inclusion Hub and GIG network leadership with the production of communications, knowledge management and guidance related to the Gender & Inclusion Group in English, French and Spanish.
- Coordinate with Network Coordinators from other thematic areas to support a coherent approach across the networks.
- Design and facilitate learning opportunities – including face-to-face, online and hybrid trainings and capacity strengthening initiatives using a variety of software, tools and (feminist) participatory methodologies
- Develop multimedia tools (videos, podcasts, graphic visuals, presentations) for socialisation and uptake of Gender & Inclusion knowledge products, tools, training resources and other learning materials.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Role models’ empathetic mutual feedback and promotes intersectional feminist approaches towards collaboration, accountability and power
- Communicates a clear and engaging vision and consistent agenda on gender equality and inclusion
- Actively promotes diversity, gender equality and inclusion both internally and externally of Plan International.
- Committed to work, taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results
- Actively builds and maintains collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners, facilitating and negotiating to reach practical solutions without using positional power
- Communicates clearly, both in speaking and writing, adjusting to the needs and interests of diverse colleagues, partners, and communities.
Advertisement Details and Apply Now