GBV Programme Coordinator Job 2023 at Nairobi by ActionAid Career. ActionAid, an international NGO Operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified GBV Programme Coordinator to join their team.
GBV Programme Coordinator Job 2023 at Nairobi by ActionAid
ActionAid is an international non-governmental organization whose stated primary aim is to work against poverty and injustice worldwide. ActionAid is a federation of 45 country offices that works with communities, often via local partner organisations, on a range of development issues. It was founded in 1972 by Cecil Jackson-Cole as a child sponsorship charity (originally called Action in Distress) when 88 UK supporters sponsored 88 children in India and Kenya, the primary focus being is providing children with an education, further the human rights for all, assisting people that are in poverty, assisting those who face discrimination, and also assist people who face injustice.
Vacancy Post Name:
- GBV Programme Coordinator
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
Last Date to Apply
- 24th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Head of Programmes
- A third level qualification in gender equality, human rights or a related field.
- A post graduate qualification in a related field.
- At least five years’ experience of providing technical support on a range of approaches for transformative GBV programming.
- Experience in designing and implementing programmes, including MEL systems, that are rooted in gender and power analysis and survivor centered approaches.
- Stay abreast of debates and emerging thinking on GBV, women’s economic empowerment and feminist alternatives to economic and climate justice.
- Coordinate, draft and contribute to research and policy briefs addressing the structural causes of GBV and other policy priorities.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the areas of GBV, women’s economic empowerment (WEE) and climate justice to ensure programme interventions are appropriate and sustainable.
- Support programme design and implementation based on robust power and gender analysis.
- Ensure survivor cantered and do no harm approaches are integrated fully into programme design and implementation.
- Produce useful and relevant technical resources to support quality and innovative programming in the area of GBV and women’s economic empowerment
- Promote internal and external learning on ActionAid’s approaches to addressing GBV and promoting women’s economic empowerment.
- Support the Head of Programmes in the development of a new Programme Strategy ensuring sound technical analysis of GBV and strategic vision across both development and humanitarian programming.
- Share and disseminate learning outcomes that emerge across the programme portfolio
- Stay up to date on emerging debates and thinking on GBV, feminist alternatives, women’s rights.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs:
|Capital Markets Authority (CMA)|
|One Acre Fund||Global Finance Flex Analyst|