Finance Officer Job 2023 at Jinja by MJAP Career. MJAP, is an university operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Finance Officer to join their team.
Finance Officer Job 2023 at Jinja by MJAP
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) emerged from the Mulago-Mbarara Teaching Hospitals Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) which was established in November 2004 under the then Makerere University Faculty of Medicine. With funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from the United States of America Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), MJAP established a strong trail in the provision of quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) services.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Finance Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 02 (Two)
- Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Last Date to Apply
- 17th March 2023
- Jinja, Uganda
- Senior Finance Officer
- Finance and Administration Assistant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or another relevant field. With additional minimum Level 2 ACCA or CPA qualification.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the financial management.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects, and with Mobile Money payments modules is a strong advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Officer to address all field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing and queried vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
- Assist in Preparation of monthly cash projections for submission to home office under the direction of the Finance and Administration Director. This also includes Biweekly cash projections.
- Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed, and recorded as per MJAP Sun system Chart of Accounts.
- Timely preparation and processing of payments by ensuring that all payments are reasonable, allowable, allocable to the project. This includes liaising with procurement to ensure that all payments are adequately supported.
- Review Mobile Money request forms against Participant registrations / attendance forms, Approved Activity Request (AAR), Travel Activity Budget, and all related support documentation from the project implementing teams and tabulate the same using Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Initiate dully supported and allowable payments into online banking platforms this includes Vendor payments and mobile money payments.
- Ensure that internal controls pertaining online Banking & Mobile Money payments are tightened to mitigate risks.
- As part of the finance team, ensure that MJAP financial management policies and procedures and USAID regulations are strictly adhered to. This includes ensuring that all USG circulars, USAID Uganda Mission policy directives and various checklists circulated are implemented.
- Manage petty cash fund by reviewing (for accuracy and allowability) and processed on time.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Ability to work use various Microsoft office applications.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 17th March 2023 at 5:00pm.
The Application letter, CV and certificates be attached as one document; and should not exceed 5 MB. For details about advertised positions, please visit the website of Makerere University Joint Program by clicking https://mjap.mak.ac.ug/index.php/careers
View More Jobs:
|Assessment and Design Facilitator|
|Sponsorship Operations Officer|