Finance and Operations Manager Job 2023 at Jinja by MJAP Career. MJAP, is an university operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Finance and Operations Manager to join their team.
Finance and Operations Manager Job 2023 at Jinja by MJAP
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) emerged from the Mulago-Mbarara Teaching Hospitals Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) which was established in November 2004 under the then Makerere University Faculty of Medicine. With funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from the United States of America Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), MJAP established a strong trail in the provision of quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) services.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Finance and Operations Manager
Number of Vacant Post
- Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Last Date to Apply
- 17th March 2023
- Jinja, Uganda
- Director Financial Management and Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce (Accounting)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Financial management (Accounting)
- Professional qualification such as: ACCA, CMA, CPA or MCIPS) with membership to a professional body.
- Over 10 years’ experience in managing funder/partners funds, preferably with large and complex grants and knowledge of CDC USG contract and grant compliance requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review all paid invoices, verifying agreement with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase orders and shipping receipts.
- Implement internal systems for obtaining purchase approvals and use of assets and ensure the adequate application of internal controls.
- In conjunction with the Director, Finance and Operations support the planning and budgeting process and consolidate the work plans and budgets; and monitor budget utilization in line with approved activities and USAID guidelines.
- Review all approved payments for the project’s local vendors, contractors and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with MJAP Finance Manual and the USAID regulations.
- Coordinate program implementation, including effective provision of administrative and logistic support to district, health facility, community based and other field activities.
- Work closely with the Procurement Specialist to ensure that all suppliers/vendors are paid on time and in accordance with the USAID and Internal MJAP rules & regulations.
- Manage submission and reporting of WHT, PAYE and NSSF on a timely manner.
- Applied knowledge in budget development, project management, contracts management, financial management, grants management and procurement.
- Ability to submit timely financial reports per the required financial procedures and CDC/USG requirements
- Ability to manage funds, logistics and human resources in accordance with CDC /USG guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: email@example.com addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 17th March 2023 at 5:00pm.
The Application letter, CV and certificates be attached as one document; and should not exceed 5 MB. For details about advertised positions, please visit the website of Makerere University Joint Program by clicking https://mjap.mak.ac.ug/index.php/careers
View More Jobs: