FAO MEAL Specialist Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the FAO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the MEAL Specialist position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with FAO.
FAO MEAL Specialist Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 23, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by May 07, 2022.
|FAO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 23, 2022|
|Closing Date||May 07, 2022|
|Position||Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist|
FAO MEAL Specialist Jobs 2022
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: English and Swahili.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- University degree in economics, statistics, development or related fields.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience implementing MEAL activities in the development/humanitarian sector.
- Full competence of tools for collection, data management & presentation and statistical analysis (including ODK, KoBo Toolbox, Power BI, STATA and advanced excel).
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili
- National of Kenya.
- Extent and relevance of experience in implementing and coordinating MEAL activities, preferably in UN, government or non-governmental organizations.
- Demonstrated work experience in MEAL framework formulation and operationalization.
- Experience in training/capacity-building on MEAL issues.
- Experience in the implementation of accountability frameworks.
- Proven familiarity with food security and agriculture indicators
- Previous working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of FAO systems and databases and corporate applications is considered an asset.
- Ability to analyse data, synthesize complex technical information, and communicate it clearly and concisely through written technical reports;
- Ability to present information and data in understandable tables and graphs;
- Strong oral communications skills;
- Excellent strategic visioning, creative thinking and problem solving skills;
- High level of integrity and accountability, commitment, and flexible approaches to work;
- Ability to work under pressure and within multidisciplinary teams of different cultural backgrounds
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide MEAL support to RTEA and stakeholders, including donors, government counterparts and implementing partners as and when required;
- Provide MEAL support for RTEA resource mobilization activities;
- Manage (and where possible improve) the existing MEAL framework in coordination with the FNS-REPRO country M&E teams/focal points. Ensure regular follow up and quality control, with incoming data/information validated and shared through FNS-REPRO’s central repository;
- Provide technical support, training and mentoring/coaching to FNS-REPRO country office staff on MEAL, when and as required;
- Support the FNS-REPRO regional project manager in updating and simplifying the project logical framework, including the finalization and monthly updating of the programme dashboard;
- Proactively share information, contribute to preparing progress and technical reports and other information related to the programme, in particular feeding into FNS-REPRO’s annual adaptive programming cycle;
- Manage and improve accountability mechanisms implemented at country level (e.g. complaints and feedback response mechanisms) and provide recommendations to address any gaps and opportunities to ensure full implementation in line with FAO’s approach to AAP;
- Support the lessons learning and knowledge management processes in FNS-REPRO;
- Provide coordination support between FNS-REPRO country M&E teams, RTEA, WUR and MEAL/KM teams at FAO headquarters;
- Performs other duties as required.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2201112 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: May 07, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.fao.org|