FAO Chief Technical Advisor Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the FAO is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Chief Technical Advisor position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with FAO.
FAO Chief Technical Advisor Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 11 April 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 22 April 2022.
FAO EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||11 April 2022|
|Closing Date||22 April 2022|
|Position||Chief Technical Advisor|
FAO Chief Technical Advisor Jobs 2022
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University degree.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years
- Language: Working knowledge of English and knowledge of the local language Amharic will be desirable
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: 11 months with possible extension
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Advanced University degree in forestry with focus on forest resources assessment, remote sensing or other related disciplines;
- At least 10 years of experience in implementation of forest assessment and monitoring projects and related capacity building; experience working in forest inventory particularly in tropical regions; experience in development and management of MRV systems;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other official FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian) for COF.REG.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the technical implementation of all project activities in close collaboration with Government counterparts and technical partners (e.g. SilvaCarbon, NICFI, WGCFNR, World Bank) and FAO technical experts such as Lead Technical Officer (LTO), international Remote Sensing (RS) experts, national RS consultant and other consultants;
- Oversee capacity development activities related to project activities (in very close collaboration with WGCFNR) to strengthen Government autonomy in MRV;
- Ensure technical quality assurance and quality control of the technical outputs of the project (NFM/MRV systems, NFI, F/NF changes);
- Ensure smooth project implementation through coordination of regular project task force meetings;
- Prepare detailed work plans for the project in collaboration with project staff and stakeholders, and make implementation arrangements for the field activities and trainings;
- Maintain good working relationship with the Government REDD focal point, FRA & Monitoring Directorate and other relevant forest units, WGCFNR, SilvaCarbon and other stakeholders;
- Draft Terms of Reference (ToR) for consultants and follow up on their recruitments and assignment in a timely manner;
- Monitor the work of short-term consultants and review their reports;
- Communicate regularly with FAO external technical partners;
- Prepare and submit regular periodic and other reports as deemed necessary
- Perform any other related tasks as and when requested
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 22 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.fao.org|