Entomology Manager Job 2023 at Lilongwe by Abt Associates Career. Abt Associates, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Entomology Manager to join their team.
Entomology Manager Job 2023 at Lilongwe by Abt Associates
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Entomology Manager
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Abt Associates
Last Date to Apply
- 21th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Master’s degree relevant field.
- PhD in Medical Entomology, Biosciences, Public Health, Environmental Health or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
- Fluency in English Language is Required.
- Support human behavior data collection by adapting standard procedures to local context, providing training to data collectors, supervising collection, and leading analysis.
- Review the content of communications materials for technical accuracy.
- Monitor vector density and behavior pre- and post-deployment of vector control interventions using World Health Organization (WHO) standard mosquito sampling methods.
- Prepare project comprehensive annual entomological monitoring plan.
- Establish entomological sentinel sites in selected district.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork and produces high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs
|First Capital Bank||Group Compliance Analyst|
|UNDP||Digital Governance Analyst|
|MEIRU||Longitudinal Study Lead|
|MEIRU||Public Engagement Award Officer|