Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by Enabel Career. Enabel, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer to join their team.
Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by Enabel
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad. Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality as well as promotes Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Enterprise Development and Decent Work Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
Last Date to Apply
- 10th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- A Bachelor’s degree in private sector development, business administration, Economics, Investment finance or any other related field.
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Economics or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in implementing activities geared towards enterprise growth in sectors of agriculture and green economy.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in private sector development, provision of business development services, and employment promotion.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You develop and coordinate tailored packages including regular on-site coaching sessions complemented by specific training, tools and networking opportunities.
- You coordinate organizational strengthening support to the selected BMOs in order to enhance their capabilities to implement interventions activities.
- You lead the assessment of the BMOs in terms of governance, financial management and their effectiveness to service delivery to their members.
- You work with the selected BMOs to identify, assess and select 45-50 partner companies in the agricultural sectors (focus on agro-processors) and sectors of the green economy.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in business planning and development, and supporting private sector growth for increased productivity and decent jobs creation
- Excellent understanding of the local economy and the local economic opportunities
- Basic knowledge of Start-Your-Business and Manage-Your-Business approaches
- Expertise in developing and implementing mechanisms and interventions for enhanced youth livelihoods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing to interact and work with vulnerable youth and women, as well as private sector actors and other (high-level) stakeholders.
- Creative thinking and being pro-active i.e. taking initiatives and responsibility at the same time
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
Submit your application letter and an updated CV (maximum 3 pages) via the link:
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 10th March 2023 at 11:59 pm (EAT).
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.