DRC WASH Manager Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the DRC is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the WASH Manager position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with DRC.
DRC WASH Manager Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 07 May 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 20 May 2022.
DRC EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||07 May 2022|
|Closing Date||20 May 2022|
DRC WASH Manager Jobs 2022
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Jijiga, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: University Degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years
- Language: Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Duty Station: Jijiga
- Contract Duration: 10 Months till March 31, 2023
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- A University or higher education graduate in a subject relevant to the assignment (preferably in Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Water Supply and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health/ Public Health or other related fields)
- A seasoned manager with minimum 5 years of proven working experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context. Our ideal candidate will have technical WASH expertise in engineering and/or public health, experience from working in WASH humanitarian programs in emergency as well as in complex and volatile contexts, and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proven and good understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women and people with disabilities in the hygiene promotion and others sector that are related to WASH project.
- Capacity and ability to build trust and relationships organize people and manage performance of teams.
- Proficiency in use of a wide range of statistical, Geographical Information Systems, engineering and computer software programs for project design, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation and information system management
- Understanding of the donor compliance needs for a variety of humanitarian donors, government and corporations
- Be a team player and ready to collaborate with others in positive manner
- Proven experience of preparing and managing budgets
- Good attention to detail and methodical approach to work
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day implementation of WASH projects activities: water trucking, rehabilitation of water supply schemes, expansion of water supply system and pipeline design and construction, WASH NFI distribution, provision and sanitation facilities, hygiene and sanitation promotion, community driven WASH initiative, establishment and capacity building of water management structures, promotion of environmental awareness;
- Ensure the preparation and required approval of detailed implementation work plans in line with the WASH Project design and Monitoring & Evaluation plan. Provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities;
- Network with Government and other agencies to foster synergies, information sharing and scale up of DRC WASH interventions and participate in the development of concept papers and proposals for mobilization of additional resources;
- Carry out regular field visits to inspect works, review progress and determine/receive feedback from the team and the beneficiaries regarding emerging challenges and gaps in original plans;
- Compile WASH progress reports from the various activity reports as per established monitoring plans, formats and schedules and submit to the AM/ and Roving WASH manager in a timely manner;
- Organize regular project review sessions through participatory methodologies involving beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of intervention, with the aim of establishing and/or verifying emerging needs, gaps and priorities;
- Provide technical backstopping to the implementation of WASH projects and linkages with other programs and conduct research, actively tapping into improved WASH services delivery methodologies;
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of the water trucking intervention;
- Develop and Update the project’s water trucking tools for monitoring the technical aspects on WASH;
- Represent DRC in cluster coordination platforms, share 4W reports to the Region and national cluster;
- Share Regional updates to the country office so as to understand and respond to the emerging needs;
- Ensure all water trucking operations are followed in accordance to agreed schedules
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit…… to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 20 May 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.drc.ngo|