DRC Protection Assistant – Psychosocial Counsellor Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the DRC is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Protection Assistant – Psychosocial Counsellor position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with DRC.
DRC Protection Assistant – Psychosocial Counsellor Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 08, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 14, 2022.
|DRC EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Organization Name||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 08, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 14, 2022|
|Position||Protection Assistant – Psychosocial Counsellor|
DRC Protection Assistant – Psychosocial Counsellor Jobs 2022
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Dadaab, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Language: Fluency in Somali language is a MUST/ Fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- Duty Station: Dadaab.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or other Social Science related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in providing psychosocial counseling in a refugee context
- MUST be a Somali speaker and being a male is an added advantage
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge and skills on computer, GBVIMS and utilization of case management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including empathic listening.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards including confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills and ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
Mental Health and Psychosocial support:
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial counseling to SGBV and non SGBV survivors focused on the survivor centered approaches
- Conduct and coordinate group sessions- therapy, psychoeducation, peer to peer sessions in collaboration with the case managers.
- Ensure the MHPSS to incentive staff under her /his supervision
- Conduct Menstrual hygiene and management education as well as management of the Dignity kits
- Coordinate issuance of cash voucher assistance in collaboration with the case managers
- Ensure all work with SGBV survivors is confidential and that ethical practices are observed.
- Ensure that the client documents and information are well captured, updated and stored safely according to data protection protocols
- Participate in the interpretation of the analyzed data on trends and work with GBV Team Leader to disseminate information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the case management monitoring tools and systems and ensure all staffs that are required to utilize them are properly trained on the correct way of handling the systems.
- Ensure proper follow up and support of Non SGBV clients referred for other interventions in the integrated programme approach.
- Participate in the preparation of accurate reports for all Psycho-social related activities
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://drc.ngo/about-us/careers/vacancies/job/?p=164078 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 14, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.drc.ngo|