DRC Emergency officer Jobs 2022 Ethiopia: Currently the DRC is hiring employees for their upcoming projects Vacancy for the Emergency officer position. Now for all Ethiopian’s NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with DRC.
DRC Emergency officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on 23 March 2022. Candidates can apply via online by 05 April 2022.
DRC EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT
|Organization Name||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||23 March 2022|
|Closing Date||05 April 2022|
DRC Emergency officer Jobs 2022
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: 3 years
- Language: Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Contract Duration: N/A
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences, community development and other related
- 3 years of NGO field experience in a similar position.
- Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
- Spoken and written English is essential.
- An experience in MPC and emergency supplies distribution;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- knowledge and understanding of current contexts and emergencies in Ethiopia;
- Experience implementing emergency response interventions and experience in deployment assignment in relevant emergency;
- Ability to work under pressure, long working hours and with high workload;
- Proven ability to work in an unstable, insecure environment
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of IDP crisis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deploy at short notice to support to start or scale up of emergency responses or to provide support to the area programs and strengthening emergency response operations.
- In accordance with program guidelines carry out the registration process of program beneficiaries. Always ensure the process is transparent, comprehensive and carried out in a dignified and participatory manner.
- Take deployment assignments and conduct needs assessments to help program gain a better understanding of the scope and location of the crisis.
- Develop detailed work plan and implement the project activities as specified in the work plan.
- Responsible to deliver emergency response activities in intervention areas and implement quick responses for brief period as required.
- Assist in preparation of PR and procurement plan emergency supplies/materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Addis
- Assist in tracking of emergency supplies, dispatch, distribution in different disaster affected including documentation.
- Prepare and implement the distribution of NFI including site selection, site preparation, verification of registration status, distribution, restocking, crowd control, and the handling of complaints. Supervise volunteers on site.
- Work with local representatives and figures to ensure the program is well understood by the community and is in line with local expectations and requirements.
- Work with local representatives and figures to ensure the program is well understood by the community and is in line with local expectations and requirements. Inform the community of the date, location and eligibility requirement for the distribution.
- Foster cooperative professional relationship between communities, technical experts, and service providers.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid….. to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: 05 April 2022
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.drc.ngo|