Director of Operations Job 2023 at Kampala by ZOA International Career. ZOA International, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Director of Operations to join their team.
Director of Operations Job 2023 at Kampala by ZOA International
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Director of Operations
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- ZOA International
Last Date to Apply
- 26th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- 3 years
- Academic degree in Finance (e.g. MBA) or auditing is desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar senior level position in recovery or development settings in developing countries.
- Experience in fraud risk management and overseeing critical controls, supporting fraud investigation and follow up.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Advise and support the Country Director, Programme Quality team and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Managing financial audits and responding to audit reports;
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Maintenance of Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensure compliance;
- Contributing to the Country strategy and annual plan, with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supporting the Country Director to enforce adherence to the security rules and instructions as described in the ZOA security handbook and the local security plan.
- Leading the team by example;
- Effective and appropriate communication;
- Taking initiative;
- Strong managerial skills (people oriented leadership, delegation, problem-solving);
- Able to encourage and motivate staff;
- Knows how to prioritize.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs: