Director of Flight Operations Job 2023 at Kigali by RwandAir Career. RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Director of Flight Operations to join their team.
Director of Flight Operations Job 2023 at Kigali by RwandAir
We began operations on 1st December 2002 as the new national carrier under the name Rwandair Express (passenger air transportation as the core activity) for Rwanda with a concession to carry out airport ground handling (ancillary activity) at Kigali International Airport. In March 2009, we registered a new trademark “RwandAir” which is our current operating name.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Director of Flight Operations (DFO)
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- RwandAir Ltd
Last Date to Apply
- 31st March 2023
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- University graduate in applied sciences or holder of an ATPL/ dispatch License,
- At least five years at the senior management level, two of which should have been in relevant Airline management positions,
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of regulations
- DPE/TRE for the aircraft he/she is currently on is desirable
- PIC experience not less than 5000 hours in Jet transport operations.
- Wide Knowledge of business processes and ability to integrate diverse disciplines for the production of optimum margins;
- Ability to integrate with all cadres within and outside the organization while motivating, encouraging, and networking for improved ops and service levels at all times;
- Quick and flexible to accommodate the need for decisions/involvement in operational situations at all times;
- Ability to evaluate the team’s decisions and draw lessons from them.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Flight Operations is responsible for:
- Ultimately responsible for all activities and decisions in flight operations.
- Maintaining decency and all operational qualifications as commander on rated aircraft type
- The management and supervision of all flight operations activities.
- The management of safety and security in RwandAir Flight operations.
- Approve the conduct of flights or series of flights concerning safety or operational aspects.
- Flight operations conducted in accordance with the specifications (conditions and restrictions) of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC), in compliance with the RCARS and international regulatory agencies and standards of the Operator.
- Determine all flight operational policies, standards and practices. This includes the revision and monitoring of policies, procedures, processes, and standards related to the Flight & Network Operations and their structure, ensuring safety and security, quality, efficiency, and compliance with local and international regulatory requirements
- Responsible for Operations Manual Part A, B, C, D, E, documentation, publication, revision, and authorization of other Operational documentation necessary to enhance the safety and security of Flight Operations.
- Review, implement, and follow up on new rules and regulations affecting (the AOC
- Prohibit flights or suspend flight operations in the interest of safety.
- Coordination of safety and security between Flight Operations and the following:
- Flight Safety
- Cabin crew
- Engineering and Maintenance
- Flight Dispatch/Operational Control
- Data Systems and Records
- Human Resources
- Ground Handling, Cargo and Dangerous Goods
- Manufacturers (AFM/FCOM, operational, safety, and security communications)
- Regulatory Agencies (More Details Visit Official Notification)
How to Apply:
- An application letter addressed to the Director, Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant academic Diplomas and certificates;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting your applications is on March 31, 2023. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
View More Jobs
|Company Jobs||Post Name|
|Java House||Human Resources Assistant|
|One Acre Fund||Rwanda Livestock Innovations Specialist|
|Mastercard Foundation||Rwanda Impact Consultant|