Deputy Country Representative Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNDP Career. UNDP, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Deputy Country Representative to join their team.
Deputy Country Representative Job 2023 at Nairobi by UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Deputy Country Representative
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Last Date to Apply
- 19th March 2023
- Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract:
- FTA International
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, public policy or other relevant social science fields is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development programmes with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment at the national or international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN working language will be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular interaction and establishment of joint activities and programmes with other agencies and partners
- Quality of inputs provided in formulation and implementation of the country resource mobilization strategy
- Develop policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/materials for use in the development and presentation of innovative and coherent policy and programmatic positions;
- Advise and guide the development of Country Office programmes, including design and formulation programme/ project initiatives;
- Review and provide feedback to ongoing projects/ programmes on related strategies and documents, workplans, case studies, and related knowledge products and publications;
- Ensure UN Women’s participation in UN system thematic and other working groups to advance UN Women’s mandate.
- Determine programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, country needs and donors’ priorities and develop the relevant partnerships;
- Manage the process of collecting and sharing lessons learned on gender equality and women’s empowerment to build knowledge and capacity of partners and stakeholders;
- Finalize policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/ materials for the use in the development and presentation of policy and programmatic positions.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online