Deployable Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy Specialist Job 2023 at Kampala by Plan International Career. Plan International, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Deployable Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy Specialist to join their team.
Deployable Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy Specialist Job 2023 at Kampala by Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Deployable Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy Specialist
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- Plan International
Last Date to Apply
- 12th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Head of Humanitarian Policy, Advocacy, Influencing and Campaigns.
- University Degree in relevant field.
- Proven experience and highly developed skills in policy influencing at the national level with a range of audiences, including experience in conveying complex messages in politically sensitive environments.
- Ensure all work has a focus on the impact of a crisis on girls, ensuring that gender equality is promoted as part of Solutions.
- Support with analysis and monitoring of the policy context in-country.
- Support the inclusion of policy and advocacy in funding submissions.
- Represent Plan International and advocate with decision-makers, partners and other key stakeholders such as donors, at the national level.
- Assist in the establishment of effective policy and advocacy relationships with the humanitarian community in country and engage in external advocacy working groups.
- Capture and share learning on humanitarian advocacy across the organisation.
- Undertake capacity-building activities on humanitarian advocacy at different levels of the organisation.
- Advising on crisis-specific advocacy at the international and capital levels.
- Building and maintaining an internal network amongst DRM and advocacy staff.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online