Country Director Job 2023 at Kampala by IFDC Career. IFDC, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Country Director to join their team.
Country Director Job 2023 at Kampala by IFDC
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a science-based public international organization working to alleviate global hunger by introducing improved agricultural practices and fertilizer technologies to farmers and by linking farmers to markets. Headquartered in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, USA, the organization has projects in over 25 countries. IFDC is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Country Director
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Last Date to Apply
- 15th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Regional Director
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in an Agricultural-related program.
- Proven experience in Business Development and managing teams
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in an international development sphere.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Country Director is expected to perform the following roles and responsibilities and to achieve the deliverables therein:
- Work closely with Chief of Party to Monitor overall project expenditure;
- Ensure all activities are conducted within the scope of the project budget;
- Ensure that cost share is obtained from partners as planned and properly accounted for;
- Oversee all IFDC’s activities in-country by providing the needed leadership and thereby championing IFDC’s vision and mission in-country
- Develop, nurture, and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders especially, the donors, government representatives and agencies, and project/program teams
- Lead regular project management meetings with in-country project teams
- Manage all relevant donor accounts in country, based on the guidance of the VP of Business Development and Regional Director.
- Lead resource mobilization drive in-country through opportunity scouting, partnerships creation, market positioning, opportunity profiling, capture planning, and proposal development planning by working closely with the Regional NBD team.
- Support the development of project staffing plan – development of draft org chart, position descriptions, approval of ads for personnel, and interviews with key personnel.
- Support in defining the best value for the government (what can we do that is different, innovative).
- Ability to perform under time pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of input and fertilizer markets is strongly desirable.
- Passion for market-led approaches to helping the rural poor to improve their livelihoods
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal, and communication skills in English
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm, adaptability, and flexibility
- Strong presentation, writing, and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate partnership projects and grant proposals.