Country Director Job 2023 at Kampala by HealthRight International Career. HealthRight International, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Country Director to join their team.
Country Director Job 2023 at Kampala by HealthRight International
HealthRight International, formerly known as Doctors of the World-USA, is a global health organization, based in New York City. HealthRight was founded in 1990 by physician and human rights advocate Dr. Jonathan Mann. They work to guarantee that marginalized communities have equitable access to healthcare, in the intersection of public health and human rights. By ensuring marginalized populations have access to social, health, and mental services, introducing cutting-edge social technologies, expanding the field of health and social services, and enhancing the capabilities of civil society organizations, they aim to improve life quality and enable marginalized populations to exercise basic rights.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Country Director
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- HealthRight International
Last Date to Apply
- 15th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- Chief Programs Officer
- Advanced degree in a public health-related field or similar background.
- 10 years of experience in global public health and proven track record in overseeing programs and securing funding resources for at least one of the priority populations: at-risk adolescents, women and children, migrants, or sexual and gender minorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure leadership and management processes enable HealthRight to effectively adapt to contextual changes and fully leverage opportunities to expand humanitarian access and assistance.
- Ensure the strategic vision and direction of the country program is aligned with overall vision and direction of HealthRight globally to serve people with responsive, high-quality and accountable programming, and secure the resources necessary for realization.
- Lead the country program by maintaining open and professional relations with colleagues, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance, oversight and resources to enable staff to perform successfully.
- Develop and carry out strategies that result in strong representation with: government ministries at various levels, donors, other international organizations; international and local NGOs; and any relevant networks.
- Maintain close coordination and communication with the HealthRight Director Finance and Administration at New York headquarters on safety and security concerns and evolving issues that could adversely affect HealthRight staff or operations.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Model healthy work-life balance practices. Support appropriate interventions in response to identified staff care needs of national staff.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by all staff to HealthRight’s country, and Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Work with HR staff to identify and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Please email your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Healthright.org with the subject line: LDP CDR-200UG-01 | Country Director, Uganda
- The Cover letter should include your salary expectation
- No Phone calls, please.
- Only applications that meet our basic requirements will be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
View More Jobs:
|Company Jobs||Post Name||Last Date|
|Care International||Women Economic Empowerement||15th March 2023|
|Care International||Sexual Reproductive Health Specialist||15th March 2023|
|Care International||Initiative Manager||15th March 2023|
|Malteser International||Country Coordinator||19th March 2023|
|WFP||IT Officer||17th March 2023|
|Sightsavers||Project Coordinator Economic Empowerment||12th March 2023|
|WUSC||Monitoring and Evaluation Manager||14th March 2023|