Communications Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by Enabel Career. Enabel, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Communications Officer to join their team.
Communications Officer Job 2023 at Kampala by Enabel
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad. Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality as well as promotes Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Communications Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
Last Date to Apply
- 10th March 2023
- Kampala, Uganda
- A Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public relations or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of proven, relevant experience in communication and journalism
- Experience working for civil society, bilateral or a multilateral agency is an added advantage.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- You coordinate communication and visibility activities
- You systematically compile best practices and lessons learned of the Country Portfolio for dissemination purposes using visual aids
- You collect, edit and publish of human-interest stories for Enabel and the donor
- You ensure that systematic learning and knowledge sharing are fully embedded in project management and implementation.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Multi-media knowledge and skills (content management systems for website, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) & audio-visual media.
- Ability to effectively use print media design softwares such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Proven photography and video production skills
- Proactive and creative: Able to recognize opportunities and act on them; selfstarter, coming up with original solutions for job-related problems, devising new methods of work and solution oriented.
- Strong analytical skills: identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online