Auditor Job 2023 at Entebbe by UNOIOS Career. UNOIOS, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Auditor to join their team.
Auditor Job 2023 at Entebbe by UNOIOS
The United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (UNOIOS) is an independent office in the United Nations Secretariat whose mandate is to “assist the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization.” Specifically, activities include internal audit, investigation, monitoring, evaluation, inspection, reporting and support services to the United Nations Secretariat.
Vacancy Post Name:
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (UNOIOS)
Last Date to Apply
- 22nd March 2023
- Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number:
- 23-Audit-OIOS-195162-R-Entebbe (R)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting, information systems, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, computer science, or related area is required.
- Experience in ICT auditing, including hands-on experience in auditing ERP systems, ICT operations, cloud computing and cybersecurity is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
The Auditor will be Responsible For the following duties:
- Identify training needs, develop training programs and materials, and conduct workshops with respect to auditing approaches and techniques
- Evaluate staff performance; perform management review of work performed by assistant auditors, prior to the Senior Auditor’s/Section Chief’s review
- Perform other related duties as determined by the Section Chief
- Lead audits/special reviews pertaining to large and complex information and communications technology (ICT) environments
- Assess client business processes, information systems and internal controls, and perform advanced data analytics using technology-based audit techniques.
- Develop and discuss findings, agrees on recommendations and timelines for corrective action with responsible officer of operations audited and monitors the implementation status of agreed recommendations
- Draft audit/assignment reports for Organization-wide consumption, including senior management and the General Assembly
- Prepare presentations using available technology tools (e.g., PowerPoint).
- Empower and challenge more junior staff to actively participate in the management of the audit/review.
Advertisement details and Apply Now