Assistant Storekeeper Job 2023 at Koboko by WFP Career. WFP, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Assistant Storekeeper to join their team.
Assistant Storekeeper Job 2023 at Koboko by WFP
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Assistant Storekeeper
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
Last Date to Apply
- 10th March 2023
- Koboko, Uganda
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Transport, Supplies Management, Business Administration, Procurement, Stores management or other related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in logistics in fast paced environment is desirable. This includes maintaining a logistics database; running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, inventory management, service provider contracts administration and execution; compilation of contract documentation and budget monitoring & reporting etc.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Provide overall supervision and training of tally clerks and casual laborers.
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyze reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
Advertisement details and Apply Now