Assistant Finance Officer Job 2023 at Dadaab by UNHCR Career. UNHCR, an international NGO operating in Kenya, is currently searching for a highly qualified Assistant Finance Officer to join their team.
Assistant Finance Officer Job 2023 at Dadaab by UNHCR
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a United Nations agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries. UNHCR was created in 1950 to address the refugee crisis that resulted from World War II. The 1951 Refugee Convention established the scope and legal framework of the agency’s work, which initially focused on Europeans uprooted by the war.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Assistant Finance Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Last Date to Apply
- 13th March 2023
- Dadaab, Kenya
- Under Graduate Degree in relevant field; or;
- Graduate Degree in relevant field. Or;
- Doctorate Degree in relevant field.
- 01 year of relevant experience.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
- Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts.
- Verify that all financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Contribute to the assessment of budgetary needs for administrative budgets (ABOD); monitor and control ABOD expenditure in the office.
- Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
- Review vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
- Analyze and evaluate financial reports within the area of responsibility on a regular basis.
- Maintain relationships with local bank at the transactional level.
- Ensure that payments are effectuated by the monthly deadline.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online