Assistant Education Officer Job 2023 at Adjumani by UNHCR Career. UNHCR, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Assistant Education Officer to join their team.
Assistant Education Officer Job 2023 at Adjumani by UNHCR
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a United Nations agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries. UNHCR was created in 1950 to address the refugee crisis that resulted from World War II. The 1951 Refugee Convention established the scope and legal framework of the agency’s work, which initially focused on Europeans uprooted by the war.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Assistant Education Officer
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Last Date to Apply
- 14th March 2023
- Adjumani, Uganda
- Under Graduate in relevant field.
- Graduate Degree in relevant field.
- Doctorate Degree in Relevant Field.
- 01 year of relevant experience.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring the implementation of education programmes and provide guidance on orientation.
- Support the supervisor in monitoring the implementation of Global Refugee Forum pledges within the AoR.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of UNHCR’s role concerning education, represent UNHCR at national consultations, and represent UNHCR’s education strategy and policy to other UN bodies, NGOs, interlocutors, institutions and organisations.
- Translate global education objectives and strategic directions into regional or national guidance, strategies and priorities, in collaboration with the supervisor and the Education Section in HQ, to ensure coherence with UNHCR’s education policy and strategy.
- Engage, promote and foster partnerships/collaboration with national education stakeholders and bodies in line with GCR.
- Provide technical advice and support on all issues related to UNHCR education programmes and strategic directions, in line with UNHCR education policy and regional priorities, including through remote support and field missions.
- Train UNHCR staff, sister UN agency staff, NGOs, and Ministry of Education officials on refugee education priorities and identified topics.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of relevant tools to support UNHCR staff and partners within the AoR.
- Support active exchange of information and that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the AoR and beyond.
- ED-Education programming design and quality assurance
- ED-Global EiE standards and implementation
- ED-Technical support to education programmes and proposals
- TR-Training Design and Material Preparation.
Advertisement details and Apply Now