Assistant Accountant Job 2023 at Karamoja by WVI Career. WVI, an international NGO operating in Uganda, is currently searching for a highly qualified Assistant Accountant to join their team.
Assistant Accountant Job 2023 at Karamoja by WVI
World Vision International is an ecumenical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization. It was founded in 1950 by Robert Pierce as a service organization to provide care for children in Korea. In 1975, emergency and advocacy work was added to World Vision’s objectives. It is active in over 100 countries with a total revenue including grants, product and foreign donations of USD $3.14 billion. The charity was co-founded in 1950 as World Vision Inc. by Robert Pierce, Kyung-Chik Han and Frank Phillips. It was founded after Pierce was invited to Korea by Han to speak at Young Nak Church, followed by another speech in Seoul. After the breakout of the Korean War weeks later, Pierce and Han continued to collaborate on relief efforts in the region.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Assistant Accountant
Number of Vacant Post
- 01+ (One)
- World Vision International (WVI)
Last Date to Apply
- 13th March 2023
- Karamoja, Uganda
- Programme Accountant
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing.
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
Key Outputs/ Responsibilities:
- Financial planning & budget management: Complete and consolidate the programme/AP Budgets, upload into Horizon by August and to Share point by December each financial year
- Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making by 13th monthly
- Build a strong and effective Financial Management in the areas of budgeting, accounting, reporting and communicating effectively with the cluster.
- Raise, receive and review voucher interface files and Provision requests from the programme/cluster for the completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback on daily basis.
- Initiate and manage the mobile money transactions for the cluster and ensure timely and accurate replenishments and mobile money reconciliations by 10th following month.
- Prepare and make payment for All invoices must be scanned and submitted as per the finance policy.
- Generate and review Sun systems generated and other financial reports for the programme / cluster and share/discuss the reports with the cluster teams on 11th monthly and have final reports filed at the cluster by 15th each month.
- Previous working knowledge and experience of SUN accounting software
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Additional professional qualifications
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Advertisement details and Apply Now
View More Jobs:
|Director of Operations|