Admin Associate Job 2023 at Lilongwe by UNHCR Career. UNHCR, an international NGO operating in Malawi, is currently searching for a highly qualified Admin Associate to join their team.
Admin Associate Job 2023 at Lilongwe by UNHCR
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a United Nations agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries. UNHCR was created in 1950 to address the refugee crisis that resulted from World War II. The 1951 Refugee Convention established the scope and legal framework of the agency’s work, which initially focused on Europeans uprooted by the war. Beginning in the late 1950s, displacement caused by other conflicts, from the Hungarian Uprising to the decolonization of Africa and Asia, broadened the scope of UNHCR’s operations.
Vacancy Post Name:
- Admin Associate
Number of Vacant Post
- 01 (One)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Last Date to Apply
- 19th March 2023
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Bachelor or equivalent or higher or;
- High School Diploma.
- At least 02 to 03 years of relevant experience is required.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures. Perform personnel work including processing of entitlement, issuance of contracts maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Assist the supervisor in ensuring the UNHCR Office premises provide a healthy, safe and respectful working environment.
- Assist in the recruitment of General Service staff for non-specialized work including evaluating candidate applications, administering recruitment exams if applicable, conducting preliminary interviews of candidates; assign General Service staff to meet work requirements.
- Provide administrative support in the areas of finance, administrative and human resources as well as up to date and accurate data and records in MSRP and other systems.
- Assist the supervisor in the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office.
- Collect information and assist in conduct of surveys on local cost of living, daily subsistence allowance criteria, local salaries for office and servicing staff, house rentals.
- IT-Computer Literacy.
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures.
- BU-PeopleSoft EPM/Budget.
- SC-UN/UNHCR Procurement Rules and Procedures.
Advertisement Details and Apply Online
View More Jobs
|Plan International||Project Finance Account Manager|
|Abt Associates||Entomology Manager|
|First Capital Bank||Group Compliance Analyst|
|UNDP||Digital Governance Analyst|