ActionAid Media Relations Officer Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently the ActionAid is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Media Relations Officer position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ActionAid.
ActionAid Media Relations Officer Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 25, 2022.
|ActionAid EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 25, 2022|
|Position||Media Relations Officer|
ActionAid Media Relations Officer Jobs 2022
The ActionAid seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Good experience in a media relations or communications role in an in-house press office/PR agency or as a journalist.
- Job Family: Communications.
- Directorate/Cluster: Public Engagement and Supporter Growth.
- Unit/Team: Campaigns and Communications.
- Entry Salary: Grade C.
- Contract Type: Permanent.
- Reports to (incl matrix reporting): Media Manager.
- DBS (CRB) / Police Check: Yes.
- Application closing date: 25/04/2022.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in another language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of English, journalism, communications, marketing creative writing, technical writing or information management.
- Good experience in a media relations or communications role in an in-house press office/PR agency or as a journalist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English to produce written work of high quality
- Proven experience of liaising with journalists of all
- Experience devising and producing successful proactive media campaigns, or equivalent high-profile work as a
- Excellent news sense and proven experience in identifying and promoting an engaging
- Experience using media monitoring services (e.g., Lexis Nexis, Meltwater) with the degree of proficiency required to run reports and provide others with basic.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in implementing media strategies
- Understanding of development, social justice and/or women’s rights issues, civil society activism and effective campaigning.
- Excellent decision-making skills and demonstrated experience in crisis management.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and manage remote working relationships.
- Collaborative working style and proven ability to navigate difference perspectives and work effectively in a complex organisation.
- Entrepreneurial and determined; sees opportunities where others see problems.
- Excellent writer/editor – including press releases, features, opinion pieces, letters to editor and blogs – particularly under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight
- Positive attitude, and the desire and ability to achieve
- Detail and audience oriented with good multitasking and organisational
- Ability to travel when necessary to member countries to develop stories and other media
- Happy to be part of on call rota to deal with urgent media enquiries and emergencies out of hours and during weekends
Strategic Impact and contribution
Plays an integral role in delivering significant increases in the quantity and quality of ActionAid’s global media coverage by:
- Supporting the delivery of international media moments, linked to multi-country campaigns and strategic priorities, particularly climate justice, report launches and journalist
- Working closely with countries to amplify their visibility and voice on stories with both global and national significance, including through maximising reactive
- Pitching directly to international media outlets and working with members to coordinate pitches to national outlets with global
- Managing ActionAid’s media response on social channels, and through traditional media, ensuring an active and timely reaction to relevant breaking news stories and humanitarian
- Generating and sharing daily content on social media that builds and strengthens reach and engagement, helping to make ActionAid the go-to organisation for journalists reporting on our strategic priorities.
System, Policies and Procedures, and Product Management
- Supports the Media Manager in delivering in-house media training for all identified spokespeople, briefing them specifically on key messages and risks ahead of interviews.
- Manages media monitoring and coverage and impact analysis
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://actionaidinternational.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=105 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 25, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.actionaid.org|