ActionAid Media Lead Jobs 2022 Kenya: Currently ActionAid is hiring employees for their upcoming projects vacancy for the Media Lead position. Now for all Kenyan NGO job seekers, it’s a great opportunity to work with ActionAid.
ActionAid Media Lead Jobs 2022 employment advertisement is published on April 09, 2022. Candidates can apply via online by April 25, 2022.
|ActionAid EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT|
|Type of Organization||NGO|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2022|
|Closing Date||April 25, 2022|
ActionAid Media Lead Jobs 2022
The ActionAid seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Nairobi, Kenya.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Substantial experience in media relations or communications role, ideally in an international or INGO context.
- Job Family: Communications.
- Directorate/Cluster: Public Engagement and Supporter Growth.
- Unit/Team: Campaigns and Communications.
- Entry Salary: Grade E.
- Contract Type: Permanent.
- Budget Holder: Yes.
- Reports to (incl matrix reporting): Head of Campaigns and Communications.
- Direct Reports: Media Relations Officer and NORAD funded Media and Communications Officer.
- Application closing date: 25/04/2022.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in another language is desirable.
- Duty Station: Nairobi.
- Remuneration: As Per Rules.
Other Requirements / Information:
- BA degree in journalism, communications or relevant fields.
- Substantial experience in media relations or communications role, ideally in an international or INGO context.
- Keen news sense and proven experience to identify and promote an engaging story.
- Good experience of devising, coaching, advising or delivering media training either remotely and face to face.
- Track record of creating and driving media strategies to increase profile.
- Experience living and working in more than one country.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of developing media strategies
- Understanding of development, social justice and/or women’s rights issues, civil society activism and effective campaigning.
- Excellent decision-making skills, and demonstrated experience in crisis management.
- Proven capacity to inspire and motivate a diverse team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and manage remote working relationships.
- Collaborative working style and proven ability to navigate difference perspectives and work effectively in a complex organisation.
- Entrepreneurial and determined; sees opportunities where others see problems.
- Excellent writer/editor – including press releases, features, opinion pieces, letters to editor and blogs – particularly under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills.
- Thrives under pressure, able to meet tight deadlines and exercise judgement in managing multiple priorities.
- Willingness to travel and on occasion at short notice
- A commitment to working out of hours and at weekends/public holidays when required, including taking part in out-of-office media cover.
Strategic Impact and contribution
Lead and enable federation wide digital transformation
- Leading on strategy and planning for all global media moments linked to multi-country campaigns, major report launches, emergencies, journalist trips.
- Lead an impact review of campaign publications and deliver a new global framework for hard-hitting media briefings and newsworthy reports which drive public opinion, campaign actions and brand awareness.
- Lead on the design and implementation of a new annual flagship campaign product or report that delivers hard-hitting policy demands to new and diverse audiences and improves the brand recognition of the federation both globally and nationally.
- Working with countries and with Global Secretariat (GS) campaign, policy and programmes colleagues to amplify our visibility and voice on stories with both global and national significance, including through maximising reactive opportunities; overseeing and managing social media channels, key messages for spokespeople and working closely with the Digital Content Lead to ensure a coherent external brand.
System, Policies and Procedures, and Product Management
- Periodically review key media management systems including media monitoring and impact, global media sovereignty agreements, emergency communicatons protocols, with a view to improving processes, efficiencies and maintaining strong, geographically remote relationships with colleagues across the federation.
- Conduct in house media training for all identified spokespeople, briefing them specifically on key messages and risks ahead of interviews.
How to Apply?
- Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
- Interested candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at https://actionaidinternational.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=106 to fill the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The closing date: April 25, 2022.
|Employment Advertisement||Download PDF|
|Official Notification Link||www.actionaid.org|